Hero Arts + Clearly Kelly Planner Blog Hop





I'm thrilled to be part of the Hero Arts + Clearly Kelly Planner Blog Hop.  You should have arrived here from Barbara's blog!  If not, all the fun starts at Kelly Purkey's blog.

Before I start chattin' about my projects I wanted to tell you that I had the pleasure of meeting Kelly at a class she taught at the local Impress store.  She is just the sweetest!  So adorable and talented!

So, you all might know that I like coffee a smidge....Did you know that Kelly Purkey has designed the cutest Coffee + Donuts set?!  

Okay, let's get to the projects!  My first one is a framed home decor piece.  I used a vintage Thesaurus page...check out the page I used...yup, coffee!  The thesaurus page measures just shy of 2.25 x 2.25 inches.  I stamped the coffee  images with Hero Hues Black and then painted some Distress Ink is Mowed Lawn.  The Coffee Addict has been stamped with Unicorn Pigment ink.  This sits on one of my desks...not that I need to be constantly reminded of my love for coffee :)


Next up is a little Shrinky Dinks projects <---seriously, I love working with this stuff.    The finished product is 1.5 inches by 1.25 inches.  Evidently today is mini project day! 

stamps:  kelly purkey coffee + donuts/kelly's fa la la la la  ink:  black stazon  other:  shrinky dinks, lawn fawn journal die

I'm always anxious to see the end product when working with shrinky dinks....the change is amazing!  It's not quite visible but I splashed some Cracked Pistachio Distress Spray Stain on the coffee cups.



Hero Arts online store is offering FREE shipping on US orders of $50 or more! No code needed.

Hero Arts is also hosting a giveaway for a selection of Clearly Kelly planner products. The winner will be randomly chosen from all of the blog hop comments received by 11:59pm PST on Monday, October 12th. So if you want to enter, make sure you leave a comment below sharing what your favorite new Planner Stamp set is and then check the Hero Arts blog for the announcement of the winner on Wednesday, October 14th.

That's it for me....now hippety hop to the awesome Libby!

If you get lost along the way, here's the hop listing!

Kelly Purkey
Lisa Spangler
Nicole Reaves
Krista Wells
Suzanne Dahlberg
Barbara Picinich
Amy Tsuruta
Libby Hickson

Comments

Joan B said…
ooh shrinky dink!!! so cute Amy! and your little frame piece is adorable and clever
the Blackbird said…
I love this set and I love planning...maybe I'll be the lucky winner???
Cristina
thehouseoftheblackbirds.blogspot.it
Love love love these! LOVING that frame and loveeeeeee the Shrinky Dinks!!!!!! Toooooooooo fun!!!!!!
Libby Hickson said…
So so fun, Amy!! I haven't played with the shrinky dink stuff in ages, but I think I have some in my stash - I may just need to give it a go! :-)
Piali said…
Super fun!!! Looooove the mini frame!
Hetty said…
The mini note bookis socute and of course you find the rght coffee stamps to go!
I guess you stampa coffee cup on every day of your planner!
Cindy C. said…
Your mini projects are darling Amy!! The shrink plastic is really fun, thanks for showing us that the combination of Kelly's stamp makes great results!! My favorite is the To Do List and Food Planner. And I love all the inks too!!!
I Card Everyone said…
I'm not a planner ... I know! what a shocker! ... but I LOve your framed project, and LOve shrink dinks! Now where do I put my hands on that material?
=]
Unknown said…
MUST BUY SOME SHRINKY DINKS!!!! Where can I get this stuff? Love your combo of the planner stamps and the fa la la la set!!!
Audrey Pettit said…
Shrinky dinks! How fun! And I love your little thesaurus frame, too! These are SO clever, Amy, and SO fun!
growntocook said…
My favorite are the 'Work Planner' stamps. But they are all pretty as well as useful!
wendipooh13 said…
oh my gosh great set, and that framed project!!! sooo cute.. where did you get Shrinky Dinks?? I remember those
Rossana said…
Thanks for sharing this!
susan said…
Great shrinky dink idea!

I don't have a favorite, but I do like the take note, planner banners, to do list, work planner and those ink cubes. Any of these products would be fun to have so I can play in own my planner.
Robin said…
Love the shrinky dink! And who doesn't LOVE coffee.
irene said…
Just way to cool. Bye Irene
Cute. Especially like the Panda. I use to do a planner that was more a business style. My hubby would gift me one for a Christmas present but the store stopped carrying the refill pages. Thanks for giveaway chance.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Unknown said…
Great idea to use shrinky dink material! I am loving the food and travel planner sets!
jules said…
Coffee n donuts is my FAV too! And I LOVE shirnky dinks!!!!
Nicole said…
This is so awesome! I couldn't resist the Coffee & Donuts set, but I want them all! LOL!
AMY!!!!! I love your frame so much!!! and the shrinky dinks! Man I haven't played with them for a while but now you make me want to! Love!!! xo
Unknown said…
Love the Shrinky Dinks! That is so cute. I love the School Planner set - it would see a ton of use. May even inspire my kiddos to get organized!
D Walton said…
Thanks for bringing shrinky dinks back into my mind. These can make great embellishments for any paper crafts,
Love your little "coffee addict" accent decor piece.
Annette Allen said…
so fun.. love that cute frame
grace said…
Those are so cute!!
GiadaLucaMommy said…
So cute! The To Do List set is fabulous!
Joanne said…
loving the frame, so cute. I love the Food planner and tv planner sets.
Julie Hoang said…
Such awesome ideas!
Unknown said…
Ahh shrinky dinks - good memories! I love what you did. Ty for sharing!
♥Lizzy said…
So cute! Love the little home decor item! My pick would be the Travel and Food Planner sets.:)
Celeste Goff said…
Oh, so stinking cool! I haven't seen a shrinky dink in decades! LOL
cghundley said…
Very cute and a great
idea. I like the banner
set.
Carla from Utah
Unknown said…
You are an amazing artist. I have to have my coffee too and I am a closet shrinky dink user. I love your use of it on the band. May have to try that with a fauxbonici. Thank you for sharing your crafty goodness with us. ~Mari~
I like coffee a lot too. My favorite so far is the Home Planner.
This is so adorable! I love shrinky dinks too! I've got to try this!
Take care!
Michele
Some Lucky Dog said…
Thanks for sharing your amazing ideas!
nikcreate said…
I love your planner!!! My favourite is the TV planner and the special occasions planner. I would have said the everyday planner then I realize that I hate doing chores!!!

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!
terry said…
I love shrinky dinks as well! So cute!
Donnadoll said…
What amazingly creative use of the products. I never would have thought of that.
baccsurfs said…
So many clever ideas found in this hop
scrapwoman said…
Used in home decor, brilliant! Love the Shrinky Dinks, do they still make them??? Love the coffee and donuts, but I don't drink coffee!
Dawn Gross said…
Shrinky dinks!! Fun planner!
forpahl5 said…
Love this hop! Great ideas for all around the board!
Helen F. said…
Such fun projects, Amy! What a shock to see coffee highlighted on both ;-)
Terribly Great said…
Love how you used the clearly Kelly stamps!
Jan Barrie said…
So glad you reminded me about 'shrinkey-dinks' . Have to get out that shrink plastic and play.
Helen Gullett said…
WOW this is super fun!!! Love Kelly's Coffee & Donuts, Food Planner set, Occassion Planner set, To Do List set, Planner Banner set, and Everyday Clips set :)
Unknown said…
You are so creative, I'd forgotten about shrinky dinks! I think the set that I need really bad is the To Do List set and the Everyday Clips set for starters! Love them all!
Sharon Inez said…
Naw, so cute! As a food blogger, I LOVE the food planner stamp – I recently bought a Get To Work Book so would love to spruce it up with some cute foodie stamps!
Cute off-the-page mini projects.
my favourite item from the release is the Planner Banners but I would use each and everyone of the stamp sets.
Unknown said…
I love how you used these stamps in the picture; thinking outside of the box!
Nettie Nguyen said…
This is amazing! Never thought to use stamps other than just planners. What a great idea to use for desk accessories or around the house. Didn't think to get Donuts + Coffee stamp set... now must have those. Great job!!
Von Marie said…
Super cute!! Love your project!! I love that coffee planner set too!!
jessica said…
So fun!!!! Love the coffee planner set :)
Shona Chambers said…
That frilled little frame is just darling and love that you used an old Thesaurus. I haven't used Shrinky Dinks since I was a kid (so quite a while ago) didn't know you could get the stuff now. Must look into this as its as magical to watch as heat embossing!!