eat cake

TGIF!!!!!

It has been one crazy week that has simply flown by...I can't believe that it is already Friday...

What in the heck is up with the Southern Cali weather??!!!! People canoeing down streets? I would have never thought I'd see that ever happen....while it is downpouring in Cali, it's been quite 'warm' in Washington...the other day while driving home from work I think it had hit 60 degrees!!! Anywho's, it seems that I'm going to have to pack an umbrella...grrrrrrr...takes away from my luggage space that I was going to allot for CHA shopping...


Okay, let's Get Sketchy!


Check out the sketch for this week!

The Bonus Challenge is use to use Red & Pink!


Check out who our sponsor is for this week...

My Favorite Things!!!!

The MFT prize is a $15 Digi Prize Pack!

Here's what I came up with!

I dragged out some old Stampin' Up paper from their Print Pack...I haven't touched that stuff in for-evah....I'm trying to incorporate the "Use what you Got" theory...until I hit the CHA floor tomorrow...muwahahaha....seriously though, I have tons of stuff that I thought I 'needed' only to have not used or hardly used it. The magnificent Allison Filo and peeps started the Everything old is New...for stamps....but I noticed the fabbie Teri Anderson {she is the rockin' Paper Crafts Go-To-Gal} issued an old stuff challenge....right up my alley for today's card! So I have my old patterned paper...and my much hoarded Heidi Swapp plastic alpha letters...

I paper pieced the You take the Cake image....the background is PTI Aqua Mist that just makes all the red & pink pop! I colored in the candle flames with copics and you know me, if I can fit in some poms....I WILL!

Happy Friday peeps....

Comments

Angèle said…
As always...I LOVE the cards you've made this week! Great job Amy!

hugs, Angèle
itsallrosi said…
perfect!

I'm also hoarding these alphas. I have the pink and the lime. And I had these SU! papers, but I think they went out with a purge. They look great here!
Vanessa said…
Yummy card! The colors look good enough to eat! Happy Friday, Amy!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Love it!!! Have a great time at CHA you lucky lady!!
Steph said…
Oooo yum, yum! Fab card, wish I could eat cake! Must resist, must resist! Have fun at CHA - you lucky thing you. x
Tina said…
Faboo challenge card. Great papers and colors as usual.
Ann said…
Fab colors, and I love the paper piecing! Happy Friday! Have a BLAST at CHA!
Laurel said…
This is perfect for the challenge Amy, love those letter stickers!
Piali said…
YUUUUUM!!! Love the alpha stickers..I love how you use those pretty trims..have fun at CHA!!!
lauren bergold said…
oooooooooooooh i ♥LOVE♥ this! i think i still have some of those HS alphas, too, and i must say they look SO FAB here, i'm gonna have to break those outta storage!

have a **BLAST** at CHA...& remember, you can always have stuff shipped!!! (insert evil "bwah-ha-ha-ha-HA-HA!" laughter here!) :)
cnelson said…
super cute card!! have fun in not so sunny So. Cal.! Hope it warms up for you!
~* steph :) *~ said…
cute card! love the pompom trim :)! oO, have fun at CHA! have a great friday and weekend!!! *hugs*
Kelley Eubanks said…
So cute!! I have way too much 'old' stuff!! Way too much!
Cathy Spicer said…
What an AWESOME card! Of course I shouldn't be surprised. You always rock it; even using up old stuff! WAHOO!
Dora said…
Totally cute, love your take on this one!
have fun at CHA!
Anonymous said…
You rock the socks, Amy! That's what I am saying. :)

Have fun at CHA! Hope to run into ya. I'll be the dork with the big smile... hee hee!

Happy travels,
Teri
Regina Easter said…
awesome card girl...well you have fun in los angeles...if you want i can lend you my boat...WAIT A MINUTE...i don't own a boat...hum i will see if my little one has a boat you can fit into...he he he he ...have a great time girl...love ya ...hugs
Sherry Eckblad said…
Amy, this is just too cute. You always amaze me with your talent.

Remember what the Eagles said "it never rains in southern california"
Kelly Booth said…
Have fun at CHA...so Jealous...I wanted to go so bad!!!
Your card is just Adorable...Love it Amy!!
Martha said…
Wow, great job!! Beautiful card!
Kay said…
Fun papers! And I like how you snuck in some cutie pie poms! Such an adorable card! Oh girl, take lots of photos at CHA. I'm so excited for you. I would LOVE to go someday! Safe traveling and stay dry!! ♥♥ Kay
Sparkplug17 said…
So cute and yummy! Travel safe!
Aimes said…
Scrum-diddly-umptious card, Amy! Super cute pom pom trim too ;D
HAve a fab time at CHA - totally jealous!
x
This is so cute Amy! Congrats on the CARDS shout out!
Alice said…
yum! LOVE those colors, Amy!! Hope you will have a great time at CHA!!
xiumaiyuki said…
You poor thing...can't catch a break with all that rain. It's following you everywhere! But that's ok, CHA will make everything worth it. I'm soooooo jealous. :)

Fabulous card, as always.
yyam said…
I love the colors on this Amy! I should go get me some Stamping Up stuff! Really love the background paper! Hope you have a good time at CHA! :)
Cindy Lee said…
You rock this challenge sista!!!
scrapdictive said…
I truelly love your card.
So you're in to threat and needle to, I see. Love it.

Have a great time at CHA!

Toodles,
Jolanda
Rose said…
LUV your card Amy!! oh and i had the rain start just for you so you would feel at home in my area!! lol honestly it never rains this much and i am so ready for it to stop!! have a GREAT time :)
Elaine said…
Pom Poms and cheers go together - I'm cheering for your super cute card girl! I saw it on a blog and thought of you w/o realizing it was yours!! How's that for a trademark style?
♥ Audrey ♥ said…
I think I need to take out my sewing machine out to use it more often. Luv the stitching on the card.
Unknown said…
Eek! SO cute, love it to bits!

I am totally behind on my commenting...sorry!

(-: Heidi
Savitri said…
So cute! Goodness, I can't remember when the last time I used my MFT stamps. They were my first clear stamps! I thought they were just the cutest and then after I got them I had a hard time using them. That was when I realized I couldn't color. Oh well. I still have them cause they're just so cute but I can't color them worth anything.