merry little christmas...

Happy 365 Cards Super Sketchy Sunday!

Today's sketch might look familiar to you...it was the one that Pam designed for the recent 365 Cards Design Team Call. Whew...I remember when I first looked at it, I said: "Oy". LOL.. Actually the sketch looks way harder than it really is...seriously.

For some odd reason...I tend to "freak out" on ovals...why oh why is that? You know what? I ended up having so much fun with that sketch:

It was a challenging sketch for me BUT what I've learned {in my old age...LOL} is that you gotta play with stuff that makes you happy. I knew that I wanted to use the oh-so-darling Hero Arts Holiday Doll set...come on peeps...don't they just make you smile?

Whenever I look at the red October Afternoon print it reminds me of Japanese fabric...kimono style...well, I kind of feel the same way with the Cosmo Cricket Earth Love patterns that I used too.

Check out my oval...I got 4 words for you about the paper I used:

Sweet Mother of Pearl

It is Gmund Savanna....111 lb Cover...111 lb....good grief. It has a very delish wood grain embossing....oh yeah peeps, you just gotta get some of that goodness...quite frankly, I don't think I've ever worked with 111 lb paper...it is out of this world...I bought mine locally at Paper Zone. The fabbie Heidi also sent me some in a goodie package {you rock sista}.

Well, I'm hoping to be SUPER productive today. I 'want' to make tons of altered tins and such for my Holiday Trunk Show this Saturday. Everybody is on the look out for a "slam dunk giftie".

Comments

yyam said…
Oh super cute Amy!

Work hard gal...rooting for you!
Alice said…
so cute! what a fun card!
Evelin said…
I am super scared of the sketch but you made it looks so easy! :)
Steph said…
Wow that sketch does look scarey! I wouldn't have known where to start! Love your little Japanese dollies. x
Janine said…
This is sooooooooooo cute!!!
Sherry Eckblad said…
Amy love it and that stamp set is just the cutest thing.
Laurel said…
A very challenging sketch, but you rocked it!
ivy said…
cute card!

your posts keeps reminding me i am soooo behind on my projects. i guess i should get off the computer!
Tracey said…
Amy!! YOu are one busy sista!! Yummy card with yummy pp's!!
Sparkplug17 said…
Such a darling card! I love your dolls! thanks for the email! :)
Jane said…
Adorable!!! See, I look at that sketch and bolt in the other direction.........way to hard!!!
Paulina said…
Super fun card, Amy! I wouldn't even know where to start on this sketch....good job for tackling it! :)

Hope you post pics of your tins- I'm sure they are going to be adorable!
Corie said…
This is such a cutie pie card -- love it!!
Tina said…
Jeepers lady, this is super adorable. I need to get those stamps, too cute!
♥ Audrey ♥ said…
Those Jap dolls are just too cute for words! Do show us what you've done with the tins!
Kristie Larsen said…
111lbs!! Sheesh, how did you cut through it?? I love the woodgrain texture. very nice. And those little dolls made up with CC. very nice! Love it flipped too. kinda looks like an eggs been cracked open and out came these dancing dolls!! Very fun!
Gloria Stengel said…
Yep, my first thought was, "oh, look what hatched out of that egg!" hee hee Cute card! And we are together in large ovals being tough! I am always thrown when I have to do a big ole oval.
Ashley Newell said…
This is sooooo cute! I love those images!
Kay said…
Cute, cute, stinkin' cute! You have an awesome interpretation of this sketch. I would have been scratching my head over this one! But not you, you rocked it!! I can't get over those precious doll stamps! ♥♥ Kay
Elaine said…
Wood you or wouldn't you? I think you WOOD, and you did!! Love it because it's so cool with that texturey paper, sistah!
Vanessa said…
Adorable card!! Love it!

Hugs,
Vanessa
Dora said…
This is so cute!
Janetcraft said…
so cute...you made things so easy with colors and sketches...
Janetcraft said…
woot woot...forgot to mention! well done!
Martha said…
Oooh Amy, I didn't comment this card, but this is sooo cute, I love it!! Great job :)
Unknown said…
Oh my word! Stinkin' adorable!

(-: Heidi