Haiku Birthday

Do you know how many tins I have? Tins that I recycle or peeps recycle to me...I have way too many to count, one of these days I'll actually organize them too {gasp!}. Anyways, I took this tin from Bath & Body Works and altered it for a certain someone's upcoming birthday. Okay, it is for my Mom...MOM if you are reading this...click the red x in the upper right....click the red x in the upper right and call me.
I made the mistake of telling my Mom that I added the Google translator...She gave it a try and she said that she couldn't understand the Japanese translation at all {LOL...do you think it is because I use the word peeps, FABulous, Magnificent, Perfect-O?!}.

Anywho's, I decided to use Jen's sfytt...I had to turn the oval in order to be able to fit my happy birthday stamp...gotta have that one on it :) What better paper to use than Stampin' Up Haiku? I know that she thinks the Hero Arts Japanese Doll images are sweet so I went ahead and added that too. The narrow strip of paper actually has black Marvy Twinklette pen on the edges to define it a smidge. I copic'd the Doll and added some sweet rosy cheeks along with paper piecing her kimono.

****MOM if you are still reading or looking....click that red 'x' NOW...****

My Mom, she's a rebel :) I'm sooo very grateful for her...she has always been there for me, especially for the last couple of years.

Okay, back to the project, inside the tin is an altered mini comp book and roller pen...easy smeasy, I mean it took me HOURS to design this project {gotta talk it up to my MOM because I know she is still reading...} Oy Vey, Japanese Mom's...you gotta love them and if YOU have one, you know what I mean...Okay, I'm a Japanese Mom but it's different, kwim? LOL

Happy Monday to you!!!

Comments

itsallrosi said…
I'm also a tin hoarder. yours came out great!
Saskia said…
Wow... lucky Mom!! You've made a lovely work for her!!!!

Greetings,

Saskia
Julia Aston said…
I love this project Amy!!! I have the same box of hoarded tins in my attic!!! I love the Hero arts Japanese dolls - (I feel another purchase coming on!) what a wonderful gift for your wonderful mother (is she reading the comments too?!?!?) Hi Mom!!
Stacey said…
What a fabby-doodle project Amy?! I love it - I want one! ~x~
Corie said…
This is adorable -- great use of recycled stuff. :)
Michelle said…
OK I have a ton of tins too but mine don't ever look as amazing as yours Amy!!! I LOVE this DP and Urban Garden, they are both so clean and GORGEOUS!

Michelle
Jess said…
This is adorable! Such a great way to reuse a tin I'm sure your mom is going to love it.
Anonymous said…
HI MOM!! If you're still reading this, your gifts are awesome...and isn't your daughter Amy so TALENTED?
TOtally awesome..love love your project...TFS..love those dolls in kimono...TOO CUTE
Anonymous said…
Hi Amy! This is so cute! I love the colors in this..so springy.
Sparkplug17 said…
Your set is just too cute! Your mom will love it.
Susan said…
love your Mom's birthday tin, Amy...and the romantic one. Keep those exciting ideas coming.
Ann said…
Super duper cute, Amy! Hi, Amy's mom (just in case she's reading this, too)! ;)
Unknown said…
wow this is gorgeous Amy - so clever and so cute
Hugs
Kazan
Peet said…
ohh, so gorgeous, Amy!!! Love this idea!!
Rose Ann said…
I love your altered tins, Amy!! You keep tempting me with those HA Japanese Doll images (so cute!)
whoistracy said…
This is adorable! I've been loving that HA stamp for a while now. I need to get it! LOL

Congrats on your new DT gig. And your vacation looks fun. Hope to see more photos!
Kristie Larsen said…
Love these both. Where did you get the first image? Kissing Skiers! Nothing beats it!
You know, with all that hoarding, I don't have one tin? I guess we just attract certain things, (cause I have gajillions of boxes). Obviously you are great with tins so its good you have lots!!
k
This tin is adorable! Way to recycle! I love the entire set that you made, very cute!
Janine said…
She is going to LOVE it!!! What a great recycling job!!
Linda Beeson said…
That little girl stamp is just so adorable and so she is just perfect for your creation! LOVING it with that green print.
Carla said…
I LOVED reading this! I love the way you value your mom! I lost my mom a couple of years ago, and it's bittersweet to watch other mothers and daughters. It's always sweeter when I can see the value-they aren't around forever, you know!! The tin is perfect, BTW!
Anonymous said…
amy your so CUTE! LOL love the tin & notes :)
Unknown said…
lol Love your stories! Your tin is fabulous! I'm sure she'll treasure it!
Joy said…
that is truly a sweet gift to give. love the tin, the note book and pen...what a great way to make it into your own creation! this is just too cute!
Elaine said…
You are a hoot! Japanese mom or not! lol

I love the little tin gifty for momma...I hope you have fun with her! It's nice that you can turn something to blah into something with lots of "mwah" power!
Unknown said…
This set is soo super cute! I love the colors!
Allison Rankin said…
Terrific creation! Great job!
lauren bergold said…
wow!!! ok, see, if i could do THIS to tins...i'd hoard them as well...HOLY MOLY!!!
Angie Tieman said…
Oooh, what an awesome tin and goodies!! Fabulous idea!
Anonymous said…
What a sweet blog this is, Amy! Love your take on the Japanese Doll. After all, you and your Mom are one,too! Greetings and Hugs to you from Canada!
Shelly said…
This is adorable, I love the colors and how the doll is on pop dots.
Anonymous said…
Oh my! This is just too cute! Thanks so much for playing! Hugs-Jd
Anonymous said…
This is adorable! I love that Japanese doll image!