Cool Roll...

One of my co-workers is celebrating his birthday over the weekend. I volunteered to make the group card, which I'll share tomorrow, and I also made this one for him. Hmmm...do you think Cool Caribbean is on the feminine side? I took this out of hibernation for him but now I'm wondering if it is too girlie....he would never "get" the fact that since it is now retired, a girl cannot easily find the stuff...it's one of those hoarded items. Oh well, this card is perfect for his gift that I picked out for him at Cost Plus. More about his gift after I tell you a bit about the card...I don't know if you can tell by the photo but I outlined the sushi plate in a blue copic...it really helps to make the image pop off of the white. The black vintage buttons have anchors on them...I was trying to do the whole sushi theme....I actually bought him sushi making supplies...seaweed, sushi rice, chopsticks, bamboo mat to roll his sushi and wasabi...all from Cost Plus! It is such a fun store...I noticed that they are carrying Rodney White prints..love those.
------------------------------------------------------
stamps: a muse paper: stampin' up cool caribbean, misc black & white ink: memento tuxedo black, misc copics accessories: misc ric rac, vintage buttons

Comments

Jenn said…
Cute card, he'll love it! :D He's also gonna love his present...how cool! :D
Latisha said…
he will so not understand that the paper has been retired & you no longer can get it lol
I think the card is perfect!
Allison Rankin said…
Me loves it...I gotta pull this set out!
this is just way tooo cute !!!!wonderfully done!!!
tfs:)
chat
Jill said…
Awesome card! I love love love it!
Carolina said…
Just adorable! Perfect group card...I'm sure you're co-worker loved it!
Angie Tieman said…
Fabulous card! Love the Cool Car with the black and how perfect to tie your stamp in with your gift!
Catherine said…
too cute, i think he'll love it. not too feminine at all :)
Love it -- great color combo and love the rick rack and buttons and HOW perfect to go with your incredibly cool gift!!!
Rose Ann said…
I don't think this is too feminine at all!! I love that image, your rick rack, and buttons. So perfect to go with the gift you got him as well!!
Becky Carafa said…
I just love the clean look of this! So nice and crisp and easy on the eyes!
Debbie Olson said…
Nope--not girlie at all! It's *perfect!* Clean, fresh design at its best!
Susan said…
Love the sushi card and what a neat idea to get all the little bits and pieces to do a proper sushi party! Now take a deep breath and repeat...it is good not to hoard!!!!

Love love the Rodney's...I was ahead of the curve with him...have two in my dining room and the Seek Happiness over my bed...still looking for the perfect shabby shutters to complete my idea...I'd have a RW in every room if I could...love the positive affirmations.
Carla said…
It sounds like you are one of those perfect gift buyers. My mom was one of those. **SIGH** But the card is great and not too girlie!