Bashful Doodle


I love making tall cards so when I saw Beate's WSC53, I couldn't resist playing along even though it seems that I'm a little late. It was actually a double challenge for me. When I saw Jen Barrett's Doodle This Christmas card, I knew that I wanted to incorporate the Doodle This bloom. I've always loved the look of the multi-layered flower but was, well, too lazy to do all of the fussy cutting. I don't know quite where the spark of energy came from last night but between the fussy cutting AND the stitching {notice it isn't zig zag} I seemed to be on a roll. There is a REASON why I gravitate to the zig zag stitch...it is much more forgiving that the ole straight stitch. I've decided to start practicing on the straight stitch for awhile :)
-------------------------------------------
stamps: stampin' up doodle this ink: versafine vintage sepia paper: stampin' up bashful blue, chocolate chip & print pack accessories: janome & bling!

Comments

Michelle said…
WOW this is gorgeous Amy... I love it. What a pretty card.
Allison Rankin said…
This is awesome Amy...love all the Bashful Blue!
Jenn said…
Beautiful! I love the colors and that beautiful flower! ;D
Carolina said…
Oh lovely color combo and the tall cards is something I admire but not sure if I'm that comfortable with it, but man did you nail out! Love it!
Anonymous said…
Very pretty! Today, I made a card that's inspired by Amy :):)
Julia Aston said…
Very nice stitching Amy! I need to practice that - the 2 times I've tried it wasn't very even!! Love the colors and cut out layered flower - great card!
Angie Tieman said…
Wow! How did I miss this the other day?! Bashful Blue is my fave and I love the Doodle set too! Great job on the challenge! Love the *bling* addition too!